Planning For College Starts Here.
How To Benefit From My
College Planning Services
Planning for college means your student must stand out in a crowd of applicants in order to be accepted. Period. How do I make that happen? Positioning. Life is all about positioning. It's how you impress people that determines what you get. No positioning? No get.
Your child receives these benefits from me, which are not found in combination with any other college planning experts anywhere:
1. Foundation: Each of my students takes an extensive personality assessment that helps determine which careers match the student’s personality and, by extension, helps me and the student determine the student’s approximate college major. It’s not an exact career we’re looking for, such as “early childhood education,” but a career direction that makes sense, such as “education.”
As a result, nearly 20% of my students finish college in 3.5 years (Over 60% of college students graduate in 5 or 6 years to get a Bachelor's degree.)
2. Branding/Positioning: I design a marketing campaign with an ethical approach that presents the student honestly and in a manner that makes the student very attractive to the colleges. For example, many years ago a contractor paid me to increase his business. I made what appeared to him as a ridiculous recommendation that he do nothing else but keep his truck washed at all times.
Within six months he saw a 22% increase in his business without doing any marketing (a clean truck, I told him, is a marketing tactic). New customers thought he looked "more professional" than other contractors who drive dirty trucks. His personality and talents didn't change; what changed was how he appeared - how he positioned himself. It was an honest and ethical recommendation on my part, the kind I use for my students.
3. Author: Having written 3 books and produced over 100 videos on college admissions and college financial aid, I help the student on how to write a college application essay. I’ve corrected nearly 1,000 essays over the past 12 years, and I know exactly what college application essay topics to avoid or to embrace. Nearly 80% of sample college essays are “average”; my students are able to get into the 20% group of “above average” essay writers. In sum, my college essay tips are easy to use.
4. College Reverse Interview: I created a proprietary and copyrighted approach - in a document of six pages - that makes it a lot easier for your student to discover the right college match. The truly average student comes across - positioned - as the ideal college applicant. Over the years the results have proven so positive that clients have told me they would have paid my fee just to get their hands on this document.
Note: This strategy is NOT revealed in my book, audiobook, Kindle book, or in my DVDs. It can only be found on the college planning checklist of my coaching students.
5. My Availability: Once the student and I begin our relationship, I am available seven days a week for any assistance - by Skype, Google Hangout, phone, text, or email. I do not work on an hourly rate. A more detailed description of our relationship is found here.
6. I am the nation’s only college planning specialist with expertise in the subject of leadership, the #1 characteristic that admission people dream about in a college applicant (See my book on leadership). I will show your student how to convince the admissions reader of their leadership ability, even when there’s no evidence of leadership on the high school student resume, or evidence of an extracurricular activities list. See Item #2 above.
7. Fifty-two weeks of videos (over 100) are sent to you twice a week to give you proven college planning strategies to use. It's me - your college planning consultant - on video.
It's all about positioning. Put another way, it's all about marketing, which is what I've been doing all my life.
NOTE: The parent cannot hire me. That's the decision of the student. To find out why, click here and find the answer in the short video.